CKUAA Volunteer Program
Volunteers are important to the CKUAA. Volunteers are invaluable assets to the work of CKUAA, particularly at the community levels in the City of Kisumu. Our Volunteers make a difference … when it matters most! Many of our Goals call for long-term attitude and behaviour changes. Volunteers facilitate changes in mindsets by raising awareness or championing those changes and inspiring others.
There’s always a need for all types of skills and experiences, so you don’t need to be a scientist or an expert to apply. Our program is flexible, matching available opportunities to your talent and availability.
What exactly does a CKUAA Volunteer do?
Generally, CKUAA Volunteers often wear very many hats. Their main function is largely: Strengthening capacities and Fostering inclusion of local communities and persons to participate effectively in development activities and gain access to government services In the City of Kisumu.
The beauty of this is that the volunteers themselves gain life-changing experiences and enrich their own skills and expertise. Now that’s a win-win situation!
Note: CKUAA values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. Please contact us at email@example.com if you need an alternative way to complete these forms.
Membership into CKUAA is open to any persons organized into a group, or a network or legal body with any direct or substantial interest in the City of Kisumu provided that such group of persons or network or legal body:
- Is registered by the registrar of companies; or
- Is registered by the registrar of societies; or
- Is registered by the registrar of Trade Unions; or
- Is registered by the Commissioner of Co-operatives; or
- Is registered under the Public Benefits Organizations Act; or
- Is registered by the Ministry of Gender and Social Services; or
- Is any other legal body recognized by the Government of Kenya
Benefits of CKUAA Membership
- A visible statement of an organisation’s commitment to welfare
- A recognized and respected Code of Ethics and a Code of Practice which members must work within
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the City of Kisumu
- The addition of any reasonable number of e-mail addresses to the E-mail Information Exchange Group
- An agreed number of training places at networking events
- Free advertisement of job vacancies on the CKUAA website and via E-Bulletins to members
- The opportunity to have own internal training courses accredited by the Association or its affiliates
annual Subscription Fees for Membership
- Category One: Kshs. 5,000 (1year)
- Category Two: Kshs. 12,500 (3 years)
- Category Three: Kshs. 20,000 (5 years)